Need to reach me? 970-403-5433 or shoot me an email.
What can I do for you? Depends.
I’m available for consulting on small-to-medium sized websites, as well as web services and technologies. I enjoy debunking the myths and mysteries of Search Engine Optimization. I’m capable of knocking out print collateral and logos on occasion. I will happily shoot your real estate listing photos. Want to see some samples? Just ask. And I enjoy troubleshooting Apple hardware.
So you want to know more about me than the sidebar bio? Well… When I graduated UCSB in 1989 I had no idea what to do with a biz econ degree and a penchant for drawing and painting. I moved to the Bay Area for a change of scenery and lucked into a chance meeting with a friend-of-a-friend who had just started a “multimedia” company.
The year was 1991.
My internship involved making an interactive, floppy disk-based, greeting card using Autodesk Animator Pro. I had to figure out MS-DOS first though. It was an exciting time. My brain was much spongier then.
Time elapsed. I progressed. And of course technology leaped. I’ll summarize the rest of my experience with another list:
- Bought my first Apple Mac SE/30 in 1989. I’ve also owned an LC II, Quadra 650, IIvx, iMac G3, iBook (clamshell), Powerbook G3, Powerbook G4 Ti, Powermac G4 and a few MacBook Pros.
- Installed a 1x CD-ROM in a 386 PC as a test platform for delivering interactive multimedia CDs in 1991. (I note this here because it left a permanent mark on my psyche.)
- Authored said CDs for computer-based training, product demos and education using: Macromedia Authorware, Macromedia Director, Hypercard and Aimtech IconAuthor (running on an SGI machine)!
- Cut my digital graphics teeth with Photoshop 2.0.
- Saw the Internet via the Mosaic Browser in 1994 and immediate signed up for AOL.
- Ran a 2D and 3D animation company with a friend that created motion graphics for broadcast video. Also learned non-linear editing and video compositing at this time using COSA After Effects, Adobe Premier, Media100 and eventually Final Cut Pro (beta tester).
- Started designing and building websites in 1997.
- Edited and streamed video for websites as early as 1999.
- Handled all web, video and print design for the custom golf club making industry’s most widely acclaimed equipment designer.
- Helped build and manage an online community for Spine Surgeons since 2001.
- Continuously follow developing web trends and technology.
I bought a Sony SLT Alpha A33 (the little brother of the A55 reviewed here) in December, 2010. I love it. Instead of the kit lens I opted for the Sony SAL-50F18 50mm f/1.8 DT AF Lens and a Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DI II as my all-rounder. Unless otherwise noted, all the photos on this site were shot by me using this setup.
Want me to photograph something for you? That can be arranged.